How can Actively Learn help your school?
My name is Scott Freschet and I am part of the Partnerships team at Actively Learn. Our innovative digital reading platform helps all students struggle less when they read and is supported by the Gates Foundation and the National Science Foundation. More than 750,000 students (grades 3 through 12) have used Actively Learn to think more, write more, and collaborate more.
My role is to help schools answer two very important questions:
- "Will Actively Learn help us achieve our literacy goals?"
- "How can we plan and run an effective evaluation of Actively Learn?"
In 30 minutes, I expect that you'll have a strong understanding of how Actively Learn can help teachers and students at your school!
"Will Actively Learn help us achieve our literacy goals?"
What is the vision for literacy at your school?
- Current practices: What's working well and what's not?
- Content challenges?
- Student engagement challenges?
- Teacher instruction and feedback challenges?
- What's your timeline for change?
How do you use technology today?
- 1:1, BYOC, classroom carts?
- Do you use a LMS? GAFE?
- Is technology widely used by teachers?
How familiar are you with Actively Learn?
- I have no clue what Actively Learn is.
- A few of my teachers use the free version.
- I've taught or observed a class using Actively Learn. It rocks!
"How do we plan and run an effective evaluation of Actively Learn?"
Who else needs to be involved?
- We know other stakeholders often need to be involved, especially those who have budgetary control.