We are Hiring!
For any of the jobs below, we recommend you apply if you love education, love early-stage startups, and love a culture where you are expected to achieve a lot and continuously improve via rigorous thinking and compassionate candor. To apply, tell us why you would be great for the role and send a resume to jobs[at]activelylearn.com.
Director / Sr Manager of Marketing & Growth
Location: Seattle, WA (HQ)
In this role you will lead Marketing for Actively Learn. You will be responsible for user growth and generating sales leads. The ideal candidate would:
- Manage a portfolio of marketing initiatives and analyze which ones deserve the most investment
- Execute drip campaigns, content marketing, social media campaigns, and PR to engage potential and existing customers.
- Eat marketing strategy for breakfast: target personas, core messaging, channels, value prop.
- Live and breathe data and marketing analytics; run SQL queries.
- Build a community of teachers who are passionate about reading and Actively Learn.
We expect an ideal candidate would have at least 5 years of experience at a high performance company, but we care most about the criteria above. Send your resume to jobs[at]activelylearn.com. To get us excited, you can address how your experience matches our criteria; bonus points for naming our top 3 competitors and how we are different; extra bonus points for telling us how we could emphasize our differences much better than we do today.
Senior Manager of Content & Instruction
Location: Seattle, WA (HQ)
In this role you will be in charge of ensuring that teachers using Actively Learn's reading platform have the best content to teach their students. Our ideal candidate will be able to:
- Curate the most relevant content on the web to grow Actively Learn's Catalog and Independent Reading Library on a daily basis.
- Develop new – and manage existing – partnerships with major publishers like HarperCollins, Simon and Schuster, and Houghton Mifflin.
- Create assignments for content on our catalog, which includes formative assessment and scaffolds that provide background knowledge, modeling, and explanations, all with the goal of facilitating deeper learning.
- Test new approaches to sequencing our content in a typical curricular fashion so it can be more easily utilized by teachers.
- Develop new strategies to market Actively Learn's content through multiple channels: in-app, email, and social media
- Maintain and improve the usability of Actively Learn's Catalog by designing and testing new features that facilitate the best discovery experience for teachers.
- Become the "go-to" team member for all content analytics to drive content strategy -- how often are current events articles being used? Should we add more novels?...and everything in between.
We expect an ideal candidate to have 4-5 years of working experience, ideally in schools or a fast-paced startup environment; bonus points for creating instructional content for K12. Experience working with a CMS, and familiarity with MySQL or other RDBMs preferred but not required. You need to have a keen eye for interesting content, big ideas, and beautiful products. Send your resume to jobs[at]activelylearn.com. To get us excited, share 3 OER content pieces we need to add to Actively Learn that we do not already have.