We are Hiring!
For any of the jobs below, we recommend you apply if you love education, love early-stage startups, and love a culture where you are expected to achieve a lot and continuously improve via rigorous thinking and compassionate candor. To apply, tell us why you would be great for the role and send a resume to jobs[at]activelylearn.com.
Senior Manager of Content & Instruction (Science)
Location: Seattle, WA (HQ)
In this role you will be in charge of ensuring that teachers using Actively Learn's reading platform have the best science content to teach their students. Our ideal candidate will be able to:
- Curate the most relevant content on the web to grow Actively Learn's Catalog and Independent Reading Library on a daily basis.
- Create assignments for science content on our catalog, which includes formative assessment and scaffolds that provide background knowledge, modeling, and explanations, all with the goal of facilitating deeper learning.
- Sequencing our content in a typical curricular fashion so it can be more easily utilized by teachers.
- Develop new strategies to market Actively Learn's content through multiple channels: in-app, email, and social media
We expect an ideal candidate to have 4-5 years of working experience, ideally as a science teacher or K12 science curriculum developer. Experience working with a CMS, and familiarity with MySQL or other RDBMs preferred but not required. You need to have a keen eye for interesting content, big ideas, and beautiful products. Send your resume to jobs[at]activelylearn.com. To get us excited, share 3 science OER content pieces we need to add to Actively Learn that we do not already have.
Director of Marketing & Growth
Location: Seattle, WA (HQ)
In this role you will lead Marketing for Actively Learn. You will be responsible for user growth and generating sales leads. The ideal candidate would:
- Manage a portfolio of marketing initiatives and analyze which ones deserve the most investment
- Execute drip campaigns, content marketing, social media campaigns, and PR to engage potential and existing customers.
- Eat marketing strategy for breakfast: target personas, core messaging, channels, value prop.
- Live and breathe data and marketing analytics; run SQL queries.
- Build a community of teachers who are passionate about reading and Actively Learn.
We expect an ideal candidate would have at least 5 years of experience at a high performance company, but we care most about the criteria above. Send your resume to jobs[at]activelylearn.com. To get us excited, you can address how your experience matches our criteria; bonus points for naming our top 3 competitors and how we are different; extra bonus points for telling us how we could emphasize our differences much better than we do today.
Director of School Partnerships (Senior Account Executive)
Locations: Seattle, WA (HQ) or Providence, RI
In this role you will drive revenue for Actively Learn. You will be responsible for a large geographic territory where you will form new partnerships with schools and ensure the continued growth of existing ones. Our ideal candidate will be able to:
- Deeply understand literacy pedagogy and how teachers help students think deeply when they read.
- Give an awesome live and webinar product demo while crisply articulating the benefits of Actively Learn.
- Manage 50+ school partnerships--at various stages of the buying cycle--and always understand the health of your pipeline.
- Figure out the latent needs of a school administrator in a 15 minute conversation and articulate how Actively Learn addresses those needs or is not a fit.
We expect a candidate would have at least 3-5 years of experience selling software, ideally in the education market. Most importantly, the candidate will be highly organized, efficient and effective at communicating with partners, and very collaborative. If you are interested, send us an email at jobs[at]activelylearn.com. To get us really excited, send us a video of explaining what teachers and students can do differently with Actively Learn, that they can’t do without it.
Full Stack Software Engineer
Location: Seattle, WA (HQ)
Are you a problem solver at heart who loves writing clean, concise, and readable code? Do you love the border between product and engineering, jumping to solve tricky UX challenges and user needs as quickly as you jump to solve complex programming problems? Do you want to do meaningful work and have a big impact? Are you ready to learn from mentors, be a mentor, and help shape our small but growing engineering team? Do you yearn to work at a profitable startup making the world a better place?
- A fantastic web application spanning desktop, tablet, and mobile platforms
- Development across a range of platforms and technologies:
- Backend: Node JS, Typescript, C#
- Frontend: React JS, Backbone JS, Typescript, HTML5, LESS
- Devops: All AWS including EC2, RDS, S3, Cloudfront, DynamoDB, Redshift, Elasticache...
- A passion for clean code
- A growing interest in functional programming
- A diverse, smart, widely-experienced team in the heart of Pioneer Square
- 3+ years HTML/CSS experience
- 2+ years Backend experience (e.g. in Node, Java, C#, PHP, Python, or Ruby)
- 2+ years working with SQL and/or NOSQL databases
- A strong desire to learn, share knowledge, and grow
You ideally have:
- 1+ years React JS, Node JS, and/or Typescript experience
Send your resume to jobs[at]activelylearn.com. Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S. To get us excited, you can address how your experience matches our criteria; bonus points for taking our platform for a spin and making a case for how we might improve it.