VP of Sales and Success
Location: Seattle, WA (HQ)
We are looking for a leader to own all revenue at Actively Learn. Our entire sales and success teams will report to you. You will be responsible for the functional and personal growth of both the Sales (new revenue) and Success (implementation and renewal) teams.
- Own our annual revenue targets and make sure we hit or exceed them
- Evolve the efficiency of two functions at the same time
- Develop 8+ team-members (across two teams) so that they can autonomously own their respective new/renewal revenue territories
- Recruit and hire talented individuals to grow the team
- Continuously improve sales and success processes to make them more effective and efficient to help the teams achieve their goals
- Be a Subject-Matter-Expert (SME) on in-person and webinar customer interactions and also be able to perform individual contributor (IC) responsibilities for both functions if required
- Collaborate with other key company functions (Marketing, Product, Content/Instruction)
As a leader at Actively Learn, you will represent the company and our platform publicly. You will proactively help schools and districts work with their students to read for depth. You will educate teachers, instructional coaches, and administrators on Actively Learn’s reading platform, as well as how to use the platform to amplify literary practices that will help students become stronger readers.
You should have:
- 3+ years of experience managing a team of account and/or sales managers at a K-12 education technology company
- Deep knowledge of Salesforce
- Interest in literacy across subject areas
- Presentation skills - both in person and online
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience helping develop and implement sales targets
- Project or portfolio management skills
- Fantastic organizational skills
- Ability to travel during peak times of the year
- A strong work ethic, empathy, and the ability to take direction and guidance
We’re big on improving our skills and giving feedback, so in addition to your resume, send us a paragraph on how you've become a better people manager to jobs[at]activelylearn.com.
Senior Full Stack Engineer
Location: Seattle, WA (HQ)
Actively Learn’s mission is to enable every student to learn deeply.
Our vision is why we are building the best digital reading platform for students. For too many, reading is simply not as educational and rewarding as it should be. We reinvent reading so that students deeply understand what they read, build connections between texts, and actively construct knowledge.
As a company, we want to help students learn, think, and become people who do great things. We are optimistic about what thinking young people can accomplish and we look forward to the world they will build.
We’re hiring a software engineer to join our growing engineering team and help build out and scale our platform and services. We’re looking for someone who is as passionate about education and collaboration as they are about technology.
Culturally, our team is a small, highly collaborative start-up, and each of us get to wear a variety of engineering hats.
What we do:
- We are web engineers experienced in building performant web platforms at scale.
- We are committed to clean, maintainable code and using the right tool for the job.
- Passionate about continuously improving the systems you are responsible for
- Passionate about clean, readable, maintainable code and architecture
- Posses great problem solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills both with technical and non-technical staff
- Live or want to live in Seattle
- 3+ years industry experience in web development
- 3+ years industry experience with sql
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years experience with Node JS
- 1+ years experience with Typescript
- Experience communicating with and supporting customers