Class assignments with interactive reading
Research Projects (with Google Docs import)
3,300 texts across subjects and genres
Embed questions, notes, and media into an assignment
Limit of 3/month
16,000 paid texts
Assign to groups & individuals
Extra help on questions and notes
Personalized scaffolding using AI
Share and co-author assignments
Create standard sets and assessment rubrics
Private school/district library to centrally manage content
Full school or district only
Assignment data to track real-time student progress
Class and student proficiency and activity reports
Administrator dashboards and rights management
Course modules for 12 pedagogy practices
Google Classroom Integration
LMS integration (Canvas)
Full school or district only
Dedicated success manager
Tailored implementation plan
Webinar PD sessions
In-person PD days
for infrequent use or trying out Actively Learn
SIGN UP NOW
These Great Features:
- Catalog w/ thousands of texts across subjects and genres
- Class assignments with interactive student reading
- Embed questions, notes, and media into an assignment
- Standards-based assignments
- Automatic gradebook
- Google classroom integration
- Limit of 3 text imports per month
for needed features, tools, and data to reach deeper learning
Everything in Free, plus:
- Unlimited text imports
- Assignment, class, and student data reports
- Sequenced curricular units for ELA, Social Studies, & Science
- Assign to groups & individuals
- Differentiation with extra help
- Share & co-author assignments
- Research tools, including Google Docs import
- Private school / district library to manage and share content
- Administrator dashboards and rights management
- Professional learning center with modules for 12 literacy practices
- Premium support
- Implementation services and professional development
Implementation and Evaluation
- Determine curricular areas that would be the best match for Actively Learn‘s benefits
- Decide which literacy practices should be focus areas for improvement (self-assessment)
- Establish roles & responsibilities for PD, training, socializing partnership, and identifying curricular gaps
- Build professional learning and content plans
- Run training sessions with teachers and coaches
- Conduct check-ins to review usage and pedagogy (e.g. scorecard) and make improvements as needed
- Conduct interviews and use surveys to measure learning outcomes, usability, and reliability (e.g. teacher and student survey)
- Determine size and scope of future investment
Value and Affordability
In an ideal world, everything we do at Actively Learn would be free to everyone. But our product is designed from the ground up for schools. We do not plaster it with advertising and sadly we don't have money coming in from a very lucrative search business that would allow us to make educational tools for free. Thus, we have premium versions.
Our premium benefits are worth it if you take advantage of just some of the benefits we provide (content across subjects, shared curriculum resource, improved reading and learning tools, data-driven instruction, teacher growth, etc.). If you take advantage of everything, then the cost is a bargain.
The cost of a school or district license can easily be offset by simple measures that save on traditional costs.
- Substitute purchases of paper books for an all-inclusive access to thousands of books.
- Substitute classics you buy (e.g. Romeo & Juliet) with free digital versions.
- Stop buying paper textbooks and use free, high-quality digital textbooks covering only what you need.
- Avoid paper copying of internet articles, PDFs, and quizzes while making distribution even simpler.
- Access cost-efficient professional learning that teachers can use to demonstrate expertise instead of hiring expensive consultants.